Our Mission: We deliver innovative care, support, treatment and education to vulnerable youth so that they heal, believe in their worth, and build the skills needed to succeed.
Our Vision: We will ensure that vulnerable youth and families are supported, prepared and equipped to achieve lifelong success.
Our Core Values:
- Respect the sanctity of life, intrinsic dignity and inherent worth of all individuals
- Honor Vista Maria's spiritual foundation
- Empower our employees and consumers to achieve positive change
- Demonstrate compassion and genuine concern for others in all of our actions
- Celebrate the diverse cultural heritage and background of all our consumers and stakeholders
Philosophy of Care: Vista Maria's success is based on the philosophy of Saint Mary Euphrasia Pelletier, who founded the Sisters of the Good Shepherd - the community of women who founded Vista Maria. Her compassion, empathy, and interest in helping marginalized women and children evolved out of her own experience as a troubled adolescent.
This underlying spirituality guides the Sisters and lay staff at Vista Maria today. Our philosophy of care flows from a theology of love and our staff has fully incorporated this into their work. Every girl is treated as a unique individual - worthy of love based on just who she is. Therapy is designed around each girl's individual experiences and needs. This encompasses a variety of activities that address the physical, spiritual, intellectual, and recreational well being of the girls.
Our staff knows that healing takes place in connection with others. Thus, their goal is to create an environment in which healing can occur. Each girl is given love, affection, and someone to talk with (not at) them. This approach is holistic and life-giving.