Healing to Empower
Vista Maria’s Dearborn Heights campus provides a beautiful, safe, and restorative space for young adults to heal from trauma and begin to see a future of possibilities.
We are fearless in our compassion for every young person in our care, developing specialized intensive treatment programs that recognize each young person’s worth. We provide mental health stabilization, transitional living, and support for the cognitively impaired. Vista Maria works in partnership with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Care Management Organizations and the court system.
While living on campus, residents have access to physical and mental health services, on-site junior and senior high school provided by the Clara B. Ford Academy, a large cafeteria, a community and family resource center, and recreational facilities.
Our residential programs say YES to keeping young adults safe and making them strong. YES to helping each person heal and transform. YES to showing them love and empowering their own courageous path.
Our clients receive an individualized treatment plan that meets their special needs, including:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Recreational and art therapy
- Regular sessions with a child/ adolescent psychiatrist
- Trauma informed care
- Close monitoring of psychotropic medications, when needed
- Daily contact, care and coordination of each youth’s health needs
- On-campus education
- Psychological assessment and testing
- Spiritual enrichment
- HIV/AIDS counseling and testing
Our Professional Team Providing Services
- Master’s level therapist
- Bachelor’s level youth counselor
- Board-certified child psychiatrist
- Full-time nurse experienced in mental health services
- Charter School certified teacher
Our Speciality Programs
- Intensive care for acute psychiatric stabilization.
- Special Care Unit
- A structured program to support or help with episodic emotional and/or psychiatric instability.
- An open program that focuses on family and community reintegration while continuing to provide psychiatric services.
- Mental Health Substance Abuse
- Intensive substance abuse and mental health treatment.